Sunday 13 December 2009

Lost in Space

Top Fives

If you ever got stranded in space and there was little hope of rescue what five items would you least like to live without? I have been thinking about this a lot recently and have compiled five items from three different lists. The First being gadgets you can’t live without. The second five books that you must have. Your five favourite games.

Gadgets you can’t live without.

1. MP3 player because I would go insane without being able to listen to music.
2. Laptop with wireless internet just so I could send a mayday message and check my email.
3. Mobile phone so I can tweet on the go, when I’m wandering around my spaceship.
4. Alarm clock
5. Digital camera to visually document the whole caper.

Five must have books.

1. Apollo 13 The Lost Moon. As a reminder that rescue and safe return could be possible.
2. Any Sherlock Holmes Novel. Just because they are good reads.
3. The Bible, no reason just might need something to read as a last resort.
4. The Warren Commission Report. The best work of fiction ever written.
5. Of Mice and Men. Will have enough time on my hands and might eventually find out what happens at the end.

Five must have games

1. Monopoly because everybody has it in their collection
2. Chess so I can learn to play properly
3. Pool or Snooker
4. Poker set with cards included
5. Scrabble

I deliberately did not include top five must have albums because if you have an mp3 player I would presume you would have your favourite music on it anyway. That’s what I would do. There are other categories I could have chosen but I decided on the above because if I were going on a long distance voyage and the items listed would be what I would miss the most.

0 comments: